Macy’s Christmas Window Display: Santa & Mrs. Claus

*** There is a short recording to accompany today’s post located just above this note!

This is one of the window displays at Macy’s this holiday season.  It is such an adorable display!  The heart behind Santa and Mrs. Claus changes color, while the light box to the left displays very important information; that is, has someone been Naughty, Nice, Merry, Jolly, or Ho-Hum.  I find that last one rather interesting!  I’d hate to be considered “Ho-Hum” on Santa’s list!

I hope you have a ‘non-Ho-Hum’ day! 🙂

Advertisements

18 comments for “Macy’s Christmas Window Display: Santa & Mrs. Claus

1. December 4, 2018 at 9:41 am

Ah, Cher, so beautiful! Love Macy’s window at Christmas! xo

2. December 4, 2018 at 10:08 am

I’m happy to see that Macy’s is continuing the Field’s tradition of decking out the windows at Christmas. They always had the best windows. Carson’s did, too, but I understand that Carson’s is no more…

I forgot that they reopened State Street to traffic. For a long time only buses could drive on it, starting in the late ’70’s. They were hoping that people could feel free to cross the streets without being hit by a car, but the buses were just as dangerous.

• December 4, 2018 at 12:51 pm

I must confess that I didn’t know Field’s started the tradition, John! Now, I think there is a Carson’s somewhere in the city, now that I think of it. Really, John? I cannot even fathom State Street as anything but busy! However, I much prefer it to Michigan Avenue!! Yikes! Cher xo

• December 6, 2018 at 4:05 pm

I heard that Bon Ton Stores, which was Carson’s final owner, went belly-up and that all the stores had closed. Just one more store that used to be on State Street that has vanished, along with Wieboldt’s, Sears (I think the library took over the building), Goldblatt’s, Baskin’s, Lytton’s, Chas. A Stevens…

• December 7, 2018 at 11:36 am

Yes, I heard about the Bon Ton too, John. Now I’ve never heard of Wieboldt’s! Actually, the other stores you mentioned (besides Sears) are also names I’ve never heard before. State Street sure must look very different than it once did! Cher xo

3. December 4, 2018 at 2:39 pm

There is truly one window more beautiful than the other!

4. December 7, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Love window displays this time of year.. Many thanks for sharing ❤

• December 7, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Thank you, Sue! They are such a delight, aren’t they? Cher xo

SouthernBlondeChic

"Pour Your Passion To Find Joy In The Journey"

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire

Poetry and Stories by Mark Tulin

BrewNSpew

Whimsical & Capricious Chatter

Cats in the Cradle Blog

Reviews, Giveaways, and More!

Wishlist Finish